Hosted by The Space Between

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

WWW Wednesdays 10/27/10



To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

* What are you currently reading?
* What did you recently finish reading?
* What do you think you’ll read next?

Then head on over to Should be Reading and leave a comment with a link to your post so others can see!


I'm currently reading:

Free image hosting at imagecave.comTrevor's Song by Susan Helene Gottfried -- A bit over halfway, and loving it! I know it's taking me way too long to read it, I blame work. Trust me, if not for that, I would have been racing through it! I plan to do a giveaway soon in coordination with Susan's own Musical Hanukkah event, so do check back and you might be able to win a Trevor of your very own! You can't have mine, cause he's autographed, and he ain't leavin' this house!
No coverGreat Gunfighters of the Kansas Cowtowns 1867-1886 by Nyle H. And Snell, Joseph W. Miller -- Back to that work excuse, I haven't gotten a single additional page read in this one and it's about time to check it out from the library again. Not sure if I'll keep on with this one, it's a good resource book, but very dry, and right now I need easy to read and entertaining!
Free image hosting at imagecave.comI'm listening to Stalking Darkness (Nightrunner #2) by Lynn Flewelling -- about a third of the way maybe? It's a pretty long audibook, not like Outlander long (30 some CD's!) but still when you only have about 30-40 minutes a day to listen to it. I'm enjoying it, but this is one where I wonder if I might have enjoyed it more if I had read it, the narrator isn't bad, he's just not terribly animated, and I think I might have fared better with the nuances of Seregil's character better in my own imagination. But I do recommend this series so far!


Since last Wednesday I finished reading:

Free image hosting at imagecave.comMoonlight by Rachel Hawthorne -- A Teen Paranormal read featuring werewolves -- 'tis the season! But then, for me, it's always the season for hunky werewolves! This one was good, set in a wilderness park, where Kayla goes back to confront her past, the place where her parents were killed when she was a child. Her therapist has told her she must face her fears, but she finds a little more than she bargained for!
Free image hosting at imagecave.comStrange Brew by a host of great Paranormal authors! A good mix, and all the stories were pretty good! I probably liked the Jim Butcher story best, just because Harry Dresden is the character I know best out of all of these. A couple of the stories were featuring side characters from the authors series, I think some were just stand alone stories. I recommend this one, I felt all the stories were worthwhile.


Probably up next:

Free image hosting at imagecave.comSlightly Settled by Wendy Markham
Free image hosting at imagecave.comImmortals: Evermore by Alyson Noel -- Loving the Teen Paranormals right now!

4 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read Strange Brew, too! I <3 Wendy Markham, as well. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're enjoying Trevor's Song! Happy reading. My WWW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your review of Evermore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look like great books! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...